Octodad: Dadliest Catch
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.
- Octodad’s wacky physics create hilarious moments that are different every time. Be surprised by the randomness of Octodad’s flailing or express your own sense of humor by making Octodad do silly things.
- An all-new adventure that explores Octodad’s world, relationships and backstory.
- Complete Octodad’s sartorial style by collecting and wearing a variety of hidden neckties.
- Gather family members and/or friends to control Octodad's limbs in co-op mode with 2 to 4 players. Up to 4 times the limbsanity!
- Experience Dadliest Catch’s unique control scheme with various control inputs, including X360, DualShock4, Mouse + Keyboard, Mac multitouch trackpad, Windows 8 touchscreens, DirectInput, and XInput controllers which all can be remapped to any configuration a player may want.
Minimum System Requirements
|Operating System:||Microsoft® Windows XP SP3/Vista/7/8 with DirectX® 9.0c, Mac OS X 10.6.8+ for octodad-dadliest-catch-osx.zip, macOS 10.9+ for octodad-dadliest-catch-macos-x64.zip, Ubuntu 12.04+, other distros may work but require 32-bit system libraries|
|Processor:||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz or equivalent|
|Year (General Estimate)||2006+ Gaming PC. 2008+ Mac/Gaming Laptop/Mid-Range PC|
|Hard Disk Space:||3 GB|
|Video:||Intel Core HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA 8800 GT / 330M GT, ATI Radeon HD 4850 or better NOT SUPPORTED: ATI Radeon X1600, Intel GMA950, NVIDIA Geforce 7050 NOT SUPPORTED: Open Source Linux Graphics Drivers|
Recommended System Requirements
|Processor:||Intel Core i5 2.8Ghz or equivalent|
|Video:||NVIDIA GeForce 450 / 650M GT, AMD Radeon HD 5670 / 6750M or better|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Jan 30, 2014|
|Tags||Colorful, Comedy, Cult Classic, dad, family, fumblecore, Low-poly, octodad, octopus, Physics|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian Moldavian Moldovan, Russian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Player count||1 - 4|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Soundtrack, Support|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
- New Octodad: Dadliest Catch macOS x64 Build57 days ago